Monday 15 July 2013

////

crossing borders

Last Saturday was just pure shitloads of food (guilt talk). My mom, sis and I headed out to JB for the day, and what else do you do besides eating? Food's definitely much cheaper, so I made sure to make the most of it. I don't really fancy JB all that much usually due to safety issues, but I dare say a once-in-a-blue-moon treat could be pretty awesome. Sorry for the lack of picture qualities of recent, but y'all know I'm goddamn lazy to lug any heavy shit around (worse still, never ever would in JB). Sidetracking a little, speaking of which I'm pretty tempted to get a new camera. Totally eyeing the upcoming Samsung NX2000 (!!), hitting stores this month. Dilemmas dilemmas. I really ought to stop thinking that money drops from the sky.

Back on track, so of course we always start with food before all else. We stuck to City Square pretty much the whole time. The place has changed loads, and I'm kinda impressed except for the ever disgusting restrooms. It was Arashi Shabu Shabu for lunch, two sets shared between us three. And before this, we already had Share Tea and fruits to go. Amazeballs, my stomach knows no limits.


Off to shop after the first round of food. Don't be deceived by the following two pictures, I don't get why my sis looks so stoned. Oh, and I was in frames again cause I still hadn't gotten my contacts yet. The second shows the two in absolute exhaustion while I was waiting to get my shoe size to try on. Huh, you'd think I was the shopaholic one. In fact, that was the only time I tried something on, while the two were tired out from their shopping. I suspect that my mom is kinda of a shoe-holic, cause she made sure to enter each shoe store while we were there! Mom, now you know where I get my genes from, spending limit I'm pretty sure probably came from dad. Just sayin'. Anyway, I ended up with nothing while both my mom and sis got a pair of something each, boo hoo hoo. Jealous.


Hitting the third level, and look what I see. A friggin' Famous Amos store! Holy shit how come Singapore doesn't even have one like this one? I am of course, jelly. Not that I'm into cute stuff and all, I just think it sucks that the Singapore shop loses out to JB's. Check that out man. Made sure to get myself 200g worth of cookies, since they were  cheaper there too. Yep, my second round of food. I'd thought of getting the usual Auntie Anne's cinnamon sticks too, but thought better of it. I can't afford no more calories, that's for sure. Sulks.


Once done combing the place, it's off to dinner. Yes, food again. Told you so. Took a cab down to my usual favorite seafood place. My family's never been there, and I'd promised to bring them there. The place's called Sin Kimdo by the way, located at Taman Sentosa. Tell any cab driver to stop at the shop with the huge crab sign and they would know.

Okay so let me tell you the funny part of this story. Before we headed off for dinner, we already walked about City Square to look for a salon. The mother and sis needed a trim. I personally would never leave my beloved hair in the hands of any salon there, just sayin. So the salons at City Square seemed more costly than what they wanted, so we decided to discard the idea and straight to dinner. Upon reaching the place, incidentally there was a salon just right beside the eatery. So guess what? My mom and sis decided to get their hair cuts while waiting for our food. It doesn't sound bad or anything, pretty efficiently multitasking in fact, but I felt pretty ridiculous sitting there all alone waiting for them. And they weren't even done when the food arrived! Sad sad soul in me sat there like a lonely puppy about to embark on food coma with the amount of food we ordered. Thank goodness they were done soon enough, if not I was ready to whack somebody out of annoyance really. Highlights of the place has always been the salted egg crab.  Though I think standards may have dropped since then, the sauce ain't as much and the crabs ain't as big anymore. Wouldn't mind still going back though, cause food is just too cheap. Look at the huge oysters!! Yum. Our meal cost about SGD40-50 (missing from the picture there was also hot plate tofu and BBQ chicken wings & mushrooms) so hell yeah. Fat belly fulfilled.


And just to end this post on a sweeter note, here's a narcissistic picture of my sis and I. Mom was lagging behind. Pretty fun day. Been really enjoying family time as of late. Definitely looking forward to doing more of this. Family always comes first, that I've slowly come to comprehend and appreciate. Till then. x

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment